Simple Booth offers various options for saving your photos!
This means that using Dropbox is an additional option you can use to access saved copies of the images from your events.
Note: Dropbox saving is only available on HALO. Classic customers can save images directly to their iPad's Camera Roll.
How to link your Dropbox account
You must link Dropbox to Simple Booth directly through the app. Open your settings and find the save options panel. Use the login option at the top of the panel to sign into your Dropbox account and link it with your HALO app.
Enabling Save Options
The save options can be enabled in-app or online from your preset settings. Keep in mind you still must sign into your Dropbox account from the app itself before we can start saving to your Dropbox account.
- Finished layouts: save a copy of the layout you choose in the design panel. This folder will contain pictures that look like the pictures that end up in your gallery.
- Individual images: save the individual frames that make up the layouts.
- 4x6 sheets: save copies that include formatting information for 4x6" paper with your printer. If you will need to re-print during or after the event, use this option.
- 5x7 sheets: save copies that include formatting information for 5x7" paper with your printer. If you will need to re-print during or after the event, use this option.
How we save to Dropbox
Your Dropbox photos are saved in the Apps/Simple Booth "directory" on your Dropbox account. Within this directory, they are saved into folders named after the App Preset and then another folder for the type of image being saved.
Each saved file is prefixed with a code unique to your device, then a number that counts up and finally ends with a file extension. Please know if you delete these folders, you might disrupt the connection between our apps and Dropbox, which can result in unsaved pictures.
The file name will look like this:
Apps / Simple Booth / [preset name] / [type of media] / [device id]-[picture number].[file extension]
A saved file might have a final path like:
Apps / Simple Booth / My Preset / GIFs / ABCDE-00001.gif
The names of the media folders are:
- "Layouts" - the finished .jpg layout
- "GIFs" - the finished animated .gif file
- "GIF Videos" - GIF frames looped in a .mov (H264) file. These will save automatically if you are saving a finished GIF.
- "Individuals" - original high-resolution photos
- "Individuals (Branded)" - for animated GIFs, this includes any overlay, logo, margins, corners and other design decisions but with each frame separated. Saves automatically when "Save individuals" is enabled and the type of file is a GIF.
- "4x6" - formatted sheet with centered layout for printing.
- "5x7" - formatted sheet with centered layout for printing.