Green Screen is available on all HALO plans.
Using Simple Booth's green screen feature is as easy as uploading your backgrounds to your account and then launching the booth. In order to get the most out of the feature, however, you'll want to spend some time adjusting the lighting and taking test shots before the event starts.
You'll need a physically green background to set up at your event, because your custom backgrounds will only appear where green is visible to the camera. We suggest using a cloth backdrop that is wrinkle resistant to ensure a smooth canvas for each event. Here are some suggestions:
- Westcott green screen: this wrinkle-resistant backdrop is very reliable.
- Impact support system: this background support is sturdy and easy to set up.
- Backdrop clamps: using backdrop clamps ensures that you're starting with a smooth canvas.
Traditionally, setting up green screen involves setting up multiple lights at an event (background lights, fill lights, etc.). When we built this feature, we were excited to find that a second or third light was not necessary when using our HALO lighting.
Although they are not necessary, you still may be able to achieve better results by introducing fill lights to the side.
If you are not using HALO, you may want or need to use multiple lights for better results and we encourage you to test your setup and lighting before any events.
Give yourself plenty of time to make these adjustments, especially during your first few times setting green screen up!
- Make sure your green background is smooth. Any wrinkles or folds in the fabric will be noticeable on the end results. Along the same lines, avoid any shadows or highlights on the backdrop.
- Adjust the brightness of your lights as well as the camera exposure in your app. It is a good idea to think about changing both of these at the same time in order to make your background appear flawless, while avoiding over- or under-exposed pictures.
- During the event, make sure guests aren't standing too close to the backdrop. If guests are too close, green hues may reflect onto their clothing or lighter hair and will make them transparent! You may want to mark a spot on the ground that directs guests where to stand.
- Keep an eye on your Gallery. If any adjustments need to be made after your event starts you'll be able to see it here.